We offer individual leadership coaching in professional development for science and research executives.
Professional leadership development is less widespread in academia than in the private sector. However, demands on executives only increase. In addition to the professional management of employees, they are expected to master target agreements, financing plans, and an ever-growing range of strategic tools. It’s often difficult for junior executives in particular to balance their passion for research with the needs of the scientific community, while keeping an eye on their employees’ satisfaction and development.
Executive coaching offers you professional guidance to explore these issues, find constructive solutions, and investigate your own attitude and priorities as a manager.
Possible questions and approaches:
- What is my leadership style? What tools are available to me?
- How do I hire the right employees?
- What is meant by employee motivation and development?
- How do I conduct difficult conversations with employees?
- How can I deal with conflict constructively?
- How do I assert my interests within my department or organization?
- How can I reconcile research, grant acquisition, committee and administrative duties? How should I prioritize?
- How can I manage my time more productively?
- How do I make sure that my private life is not neglected?
We are aware executives have limited time, and offer intensive coaching as a time-effective way to make progress on these questions.